Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday plus Saturday mornings on a rota basis
Previous experience in a similar role or as a qualified technician within the Motor Trade is essential to be considered for this position.
As the Workshop Controller for the Jaguar brand, you are accountable for the performance of the workshop. You are pivotal in ensuring the department delivers work on time and to a high standard.
You will be a key contributor to the success of the business through effective resource allocation, efficient work scheduling and ensuring workshop machinery and tools are maintained, and that equipment, stock and consumables are well managed.
· Be responsible for the efficient running of the workshop and maintaining high levels of productivity.
· Ensure the workshop machinery and tools are maintained, thus maintaining a professional workshop environment at all times.
· Install a ‘right first time’ mentality with all your direct reports.
· Provide technical support when required, during training or MOT testing.
· Ensure team compliance with processes to ensure recording and invoicing accuracy
· Ensure good housekeeping and security in the workshop, leading by example.
· Liaise with the Service department to ensure customers are kept informed and manage any complaints that may arise.
You will demonstrate:
· Prior knowledge of the automotive industry
· Proven experience of coaching and mentoring staff
· A passion for customer service
We pride ourselves at Hatfields to deliver great service to our customers and support each other in the business regardless of department. We have created a great atmosphere for all staff but work hard to achieve our results. Hatfields are one of the largest family owned and managed businesses in the UK with sites across the North and Central England and has regularly featured as one of The Sunday Times Top Track 250 companies. Our website will tell you more about us, what we do and why we do it so well.